TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
We are pleased to welcome you to Modern Ancient (our Website). By continuing to use this Website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following website terms and conditions (the Terms and Conditions).
These Terms and Conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Modern Ancient Inc. , the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these Terms and Conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either
(i) employed by Modern Ancient and acting in the course of their employment or
(ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Modern Ancient Inc. and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
The term “you” refers to the User or viewer of our Website, whether as a guest or registered user. Use of our Website includes accessing, browsing, or registering to use our Website.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual Property and Acceptable Use
1. All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Modern Ancient Inc. , our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these Terms and Conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such Content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, database rights and other Intellectual Property or proprietary rights laws. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner's prior written permission.
2. You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following: retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen.
3. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Modern Ancient.
4. You acknowledge that you are responsible for any Content you may submit via the Website, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright of any such Content. You may not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through the Website any Content that
(i) is confidential, proprietary, false, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on Intellectual Property rights, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable;
(ii) may constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law; or
(iii) may contain software viruses, political campaigning, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam". You may not use a false email address or other identifying information, impersonate any person or entity or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Content. You may not upload commercial Content onto the Website.
5. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to the Content you post; that the Content is accurate; that use of the Content you supply does not violate any provision of these Terms and Conditions and will not cause injury to any person; and that you will indemnify Modern Ancient Inc. for all claims resulting from Content you supply.
6. You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
(i) in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Website;
(ii) in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, and governmental order; and
(iii) making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Refusal of Service
7. The Services are offered subject to our acceptance of your application and payment. We reserve the right to refuse to service any person or entity, without the obligation to provide an explanation. We may at any time change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Site or Services, subject to fulfilling our previous responsibilities to you based on acceptance of your payment.
8. We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform in order to access our Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
9. You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
10. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website.
11. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
12. Where registration is available and you have registered, you must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
13. Where registration is available and you have registered, you must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
14. Where registration is available and you have registered, we may suspend or cancel your registration with immediate effect without cause or notice for any reasonable purpose or if you breach these Terms and Conditions, resulting in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your account.
15. Where registration is available and you have registered, if you no longer wish to have an account with us you may use the Contact Form on this website to notify us. If you no longer accept these Terms and Conditions, or any future modification to these Terms and Conditions, you must cease using the Modern Ancient Website. Continued use of the Modern Ancient Website indicates your continued acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
Password and Security
16. Where registration is available, and if you choose a User identification name and password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
17. Where registration is available, we have the right to disable any User identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your User identification code or password, you must promptly notify us using the Contact Form on this website.
Availability of the Website and Disclaimers
19. Our Website is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our Website, or any Content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
20. Any online facilities, tools, Services or information that Modern Ancient makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/ or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Modern Ancient is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
21. Whilst Modern Ancient Inc. uses reasonable endeavors to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guarantee in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
22. Modern Ancient Inc. reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/ or Services available. These Terms and Conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Advertisements and Links to Other Websites
23. The Website contains links to other internet Websites. These links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the Contents of those sites or resources. We assume no responsibility for the Content of Websites linked on our Website. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked Websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Limitation of Liability
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will:
(i) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable;
(ii) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
(iii) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
25. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
26. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Modern Ancient accepts no liability for any of the following:
(i) any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
(ii) loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
(iii) any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
27. You may not transfer any of your rights under these Terms and Conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
30. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these Terms and Conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions will not be affected.
31. Unless otherwise agreed no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
32. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of the United States of America and the laws of the State of California. All disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States of America and the laws of the State of California.
Modern Ancient Details
33. The Website is owned by Modern Ancient, a trading name for Modern Ancient Inc. You may contact Modern Ancient Inc. via the Contact Form on this website.